Last year, when I noted that you are Never Too Old for Crayola, I talked about the therapy assignment to create a self-soothe first aid kit. When I was adding a few items to it today, I realized that I never shared a picture, so here are the contents of my kit:
- Small knit swatches (Feeling)
- Stained glass coloring books (Seeing)
- Pouch full of Crayola Twistables colored pencils (Seeing)
- Stress grip (Feeling)
- Eucalyptus & Spearmint lotion (Smelling)
- Fruit Stripe gum (Tasting)
- Family photos (Seeing)
- Pill case with a few BuSpar in it (no sense, just good to have on hand)
- Roll-on perfume oil – Aglaea from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (Smelling)
- Four Tangle Jr. (metallic, fuzzy, textured, and classic) (Feeling)
- iPod Shuffle full of upbeat music (Hearing)
- Zebra pouch that holds the smaller items (no sense, used for organization)
- Notecards with inspiring quotes (Seeing)
- Bubble timer (Seeing)
Not pictured, because I forgot I’d had it out and been using it, is a green foam keyring floater that I use like a stress ball. EDIT: Also not pictured, because I just bought it, is an egg of Silly Putty.
Something I wanted to add, as another use of the Hearing sense, was a small rain stick, but all the ones I found that were small enough had negative reviews about the sound they make. I also only have one Tasting item, so maybe something like hard candy could be added.
What else would you include if you made a self-soothe first aid kit?